APCComm is a program for transferring files between an Amiga and a PC running GNU/Linux using a parallel cable. It is relatively fast (up to 38 KByte/s), compared to other connection methods available for stock Amiga systems. It is easy to use (no configuration required), and there is a GUI for the Amiga.
APCComm can transfer files and directories so it can be used for easy backup/restoring. Since version 2.4.0 it can also read and write ADF disk images.
The Amiga GUI was created with GadToolsBox V2 and also uses the reqtools.library (ReqTools is Copyright © Nico François and Magnus Holmgren).
APCComm is free software distributed under the GNU General Public License V2 or later.Features:
- file and directory transmission
- protection bits (file permissions) preservation
- low requirements
- no configuration required
- easy to use
- Amiga GUI can open its window on any public screen
- version without GUI for AmigaOS <2.0 available
- support for USB parallel ports at the PC
- support for directly reading/writing ADF images from/to floppy disc drive
Latest version: 2.4.0 from 2014-02-02.