Runner is a launch menu for X Window System. It is meant to start fast
and give access to often used programs but also run any command. It's
also optimized for keyboard usage.
- configurable list of programs
- integrated dialog to run an arbitrary command including arguments
- unlimited command history
- completion for programs in history file and PATH variable
- keyboard support in popup menu for fast access with type ahead filtering
Filtered entries (after pressing "t")
Run dialog with history
Command completion from history
Command completion from $PATH
Runner is free software released under the
GNU General Public License V2 or later.
Runner is (C) 2012 Ralf Hoffmann.
The current release is Runner 0.2 (276 kB) (signature) from 2012-06-10.
- 2012-06-10: Version 0.2
added option -r to directly start the run dialog
- 2012-04-25: Version 0.1
- a POSIX compatible system and a C++11 compiler (GNU C++ 4.4 or later recommended)
- X Window System
Just the regular stuff:
./configure && make && make install
The list of commands listed in the popup menu can be configured by
editing the file $HOME/.runner/program_list. An example file can be
found in examples/.
The format is:
name=<name of the program shown in the menu>
program=<command to execute>
Any number of these entries can be added.
Just execute "runner" or bind it to some key in your favorite window manager.